Saturday, July 4, 2009

in which candles burn a hole in my pocket...

Happy Fourth of July!

My parents and I spent much of the holiday shopping in Chattanooga. First we went to the new location of McKay's Used Books (off the Bonnie Oaks exit of I-75). It was very big, very nice, and very crowded - I'll spend more time in there when it's not opening day on a holiday weekend. While my dad and I looked around, my mom arranged the inspirational fiction so that the series were in proper order. She got to K before we left.

We hit multiple stores in the Hamilton Place area, but the one that always does me in is Yankee Candles (which was playing back to back Michael Jackson hits today in his memory). Several varieties of the large jar candles were on sale, though I didn't like most of the flavors. Just Blueberry, and Cherry Blossom, and Fresh Cut Roses, and Home Sweet Home...

Now we are home and having a cookout for the Fourth, then comforting our poor 14.5-year-old dog if he gets afraid of the fireworks. Meet Bunky.


There is a Japanese word, busakawa, that means "so ugly it's cute." What do you think? Is he a contender for World's Ugliest Dog yet?

2 comments:

  1. The Fresh Cut Roses candle smells WONDERFUL. We did HAVE a FUN day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I read your post yesterday & forgot to comment. I'm too scattered. I'm looking forward to going to McKay's sometime.

    ReplyDelete