Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm only happy when it rains

Pandora Internet Radio (US only)

The title of this post comes from a song I discovered on this website (not relevant except it's a fun song.) It's one of the niftiest sites I've used in awhile -- you enter a song you like and it will make a "station" full of songs it thinks is similar to that. It has worked for me in that I have discovered enough new music that I need to make myself a music budget for the first time in ages. Though it does have the tendency to put Daughtry, Ne-Yo, and Jesse McCartney in my "Girl Power Pop" station.

I can actually listen to Pandora on my laptop now that I have a working wireless card. My laptop is five years old, has a dying CD-Rom and missing space bar, had a nonfunctional internet card, and as of yesterday has a brand new hard drive, thanks to the previous one dying a sudden blue death. My awesome friend Chris helped recover my files and find a deal on the replacement, though. I can also use the new one as a back-up if I get a new computer during tax-free weekend this fall.

I was at Chris and Terri's around seven hours yesterday -- besides picking up my computer, we played Scene It? and Rock Band 2. I'm not the most knowledgeable movie person, but half the fun of that game is accidentally guessing right. I really want the Friends edition of that game, but it's $120 new. Maybe I'll look on EBay...

3 comments:

  1. I've considered Friends Scene It before as well . . .Glad you had fun at Chris & Terri's. Josh & I enjoyed being home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could each go in for half, and then get half the resell value when we put it up on eBay again? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An internet radio will be great once I buy some speakers!

    ReplyDelete