Friday, August 7, 2009

Down with the sickness

I had forgotten until this week how long colds can last. As my coworker said, you'll recover in one week with treatment, and seven days without. For awhile I was worried that the light I thought was the end of the tunnel was actually a doctor's pen light, but happily I rode it out and today my energy level is 80% and still climbing.

It's been a long two weeks. The week before was the summer reading program finale, and I worked the children's one last Friday and then coordinated the teen one the day after. They both went successfully. This week, on top of my cold, was finals week, which is less stress for a teacher than a student, but still pretty busy.

Today I attended a good-bye lunch for my boss, who is leaving us for another college. Someone signed his card, "Your career is really going south!" Which was corny but made us laugh because the city to which he's going is geographically south of us.

School doesn't start back until the 31st, but I have less down time than it seems. I have to catch up on some library work and we'll have this year's math lab orientation sooner or later (this semester I'll have to review my trig and calculus, which is a bit daunting.) Still, I hope to be able to get caught up on everything from chores to writing this upcoming week...after tomorrow, which I'll be spending with my sister, shopping during the annual tax-free weekend. Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo for shopping!

    That's cute what your co-worker wrote. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about the free chocolate in your July 24 blog. We should be setting our phone alarms for that!

    ReplyDelete